Oat Power Balls
I love these power balls, they are so easy to make and super delicious! They are wholesome, are naturally sweetened and make for a great snack on busy days. I usually make a batch or two and keep some in the freezer (unless the kids eat them all and none are left over to be frozen).
Goji berries have been used for thousands of years, and have many positive effects on your overall well-being. They have a low glycemic index, which is great for satisfying hunger and reducing food cravings. Being high in fiber, Goji berries help control blood sugar levels and also speed up the metabolism. These berries are also a good source of chromium. Chromium is a mineral that aids in blood sugar control.
Author: Jasmin Blackwood
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes (plus 1 hour chill time)
Yield: 12 balls
Method: No Bake
2 cups oats
1 cup dates
½ cup almond butter
2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
¼ cup melted coconut oil
4 tbsp Goji berries
4 tbsp cacao nibs
1. Place oats into the food processor until there is a flour-like consistency
2. Add dates and almond butter to the oats and blend for 30 seconds
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend
4. You may need to scrape the sides with a spatula throughout
5. Form into balls and place into a glass container
6. Separate each row of the oat balls with parchment paper
7. Place into the freezer for 1 hour so they can firm up
The almond butter can be replaced with any nut or seed butter.